Thursday, Sep 17, 2020 – Saturday, Sep 19, 2020
8:00am – 6:30pm
The #HerVoiceMyVoice Bootcamp will create a safe space for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) to come together, learn and exchange ideas, narrate stories on issues pertaining to their rights and collecting information from these girls and young women at the grass root level in all their diversity, about their needs and priorities and the changes they want to see to be used in advocacy (including advocacy which influences policy, legal reform and / or the design and implementation of programmes.
The goal is to support the meaningful engagement of adolescent girls and young women in relevant global, national, provincial and district level processes in order to contribute more directly to the decisions that affect their lives.
• To ensure that the voices of Young People Living with HIV are heard and that young People are involved in the decision-making processes on issues that affect their lives to contribute on achieving the best quality of life for themselves and their respective communities
• Increase awareness among AGYW, on SRHR as human rights, Beijing Declaration and ensure SRHR services and products in the domains of modern contraception use, HIV prevention and safe abortions more available in health centers, accessible and user-friendly to AGYW.
• To get the voices, perspectives, opinions and engage AGYW before designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programmes, polices and processes and in Cameroon and across the globe.
• To actively engage AGYW in national and global efforts to improve acceptance and sustainable ownership of interventions, increase retention of AGYW in national and global programming and maximize impact by building their capacities and coordinating their direct involvement in the entire processes from the divisional through the regional to the national and global levels.
• To incorporate solutions proposed by AGYW into national and global programs and initiatives because AGYW are experts at understanding their own issues and designing solutions.
Event LocationOnly Confirmed Participants will Receive Details on Venue
Limbe, South West, P.O. Box 247