Building global leaders has been identified as a crucial factor for community and organizational growth. That makes sense when competition can come from anywhere. Being globally-focused is now a prerequisite for survival and for community advancement. Future global leaders must be those who can develop local leaders with the ability to execute development-wide plans, across nations and regions, at the local level. Being a global leader today goes beyond having a “global strategy” and requires an “interface leaders” — or local leaders — to execute strategies.
The understanding that, programs and projects needs to be distilled down to the community or local level, because understanding local markets still matters. The Local to Global Fellowship program at Denis Miki Foundation will train the Next-generation global leaders on the basic but globally accepted skills needed to become successful in today’s world. The lessons and knowledge shared will come from experts in the development, social entrepreneurship and humanitarian sector. Our goal is to develop local leaders who will represent the voices of local people and communities across national, regional and global communities and sectors. The Local to Global Fellowship is driven by the fact that indeed, the best global leaders are also the best local leaders because within nations and across the world, global leaders need to have local plans.
The Local to Global Fellowship has as purpose to inspire, train, build the capacities of local leaders and transform them to globally recognized and respected leaders. This programme is designed to help rising local leaders identify and refine their personal leadership styles, develop their emotional intelligence, and acquire the skills that will enable them to bring out the best in others.
Over five days, you will gain perspectives on how you are perceived, learn to connect with others, and identify areas of growth. The programme also includes a small group coaching session that will help you establish a personal development plan that you can implement within a three to five-year timeframe for sustained career advancement.
- Open to participants from around the world
- Be a young leader aged between 20 to 35
- Action oriented and currently running, involved or planning to launch a development initiative or social enterprise
Date and Fees
- Both national and international participants will pay a $5 non-refundable application fee
- Both national and international participants will pay a $300 participation fee if selected that will cover lodging and feeding
- Denis Miki Foundation will not cover transportation for both national and international participants.
- Selected international participants will have to cover their visa fee to Cameroon. DMF will be able to facilitate the visa application process for selected international participants.
|Date||Venue||Participation Fees||Non refundable application fee|
|17 June – 21 June 2019||Victoria Guest House, Hotel Limbe, South West Region Cameroon||150,000FCFA ($300)||2500 FCFA ($5)|
Alumni / Early Payment / Team Enrolment Benefits
All previous DMF Mentees and Volunteers who are part of our team of alumni are entitled to 30% alumni savings on this programme.
Alternatively, you can enjoy savings if you pay early with MTN Mobile Money, Orange Money, Visa or MasterCard:
> 30 days before start of programme: 10% savings
> 20 days before start of programme: 5% savings
Team enrolment benefits are also available, please contact the Programme Advisor Nancy Efeme for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for application for the 2019 Cohort of DMF Global Fellows is the 22nd of April, 2019 at 5.00 p.m. GMT+1
- Participants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 days to the deadline to avoid challenges that arise as a result of overcrowding.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
How To Apply
Click here to apply.